Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Message from Steven Brandt

Hi to all,

This is Steven Brandt your 1977 Reseda High Classmate. I was not on the Aug 30th list of who will be attending the reunion. At the reunion my name should have been on the list as I payed the Tuesday before but I did not show .
This is due to a very Unfortunate Event just North of the Agriculture Stop on I-15 in Yermo, Ca. If you have ever been to Vegas then you know the place. I exsperenced a Catastrofic Engine Failure in my Car. I was 4 1/2 Hours out of my home for the Last 21 Years of St George, Utah. It was a Surreal Moment for me. At 2:30 Pm on 9/8, About 80mph with a lot of good thoughts in my head (I did attend the 10th and 20th Reunions) The Music was Playing and I felt a sudden loss of power. I turned down the Music, Pressed down on the accelerator pedal and then I heard a Metalic Grind and a BIG BANG!!! That was it for my engine................ It was not Hot, Full of Coolant and Oil, It Just Came Apart. As I coasted over to the sholder of the road I became to realise The Reunion is over for me, Then the Male Problem solving kicked in......... I'll Take the Bus, Hitch Hike, What ever...................

After stopping I looked at my Cell (A Pocket PC) and it showed NO SERVICE, Dang. It was 101* outside and I was at Mile Marker 101. Well then........ I'm walking. I locked up the car and with my Bottle of water in hand off I went. I tried to catch a ride but no one would stop to help...... Just Honk as they drove by. I checked my Phone again and realised it was in "Flight Mode". It's a UT Starcom and has a habit of doing this by it's self. I was able to get ahold of my Father and told him of my delema. At first he thought I was Pulling his Leg. I do like to joke around but this was no joking matter. He would get our 16ft Car Trailer and his 1 Ton GMC Dooley and come and Pluck me from the Desert. LOLOL............. Thank God For Family. Back to the Car I went........... It was 3 Hours before a CHP came. He gave me a bottle of Water and a ride to the next exit to a place called "Jeremy's Trading Post". It was like being at a Tijuana south of the border Store. I was thankful for t!
he Swamp Cooler and Kirkland Water they had to offer. My Dad, Mom and 2 Boys came for the Rescue Road Trip. We loaded the car by pushing it to get momentum and up the Ramps it went. It was a little crooked but it was better than on the side of I-15. As I Strapped the Car Down I looked at the time, It was 7:30 Pm Mountain Time which is 6:30 Pm Pacific Time. It was Cocktail Time at the Reunion...................

I hope you all had a Great Time and even though I was not there Physically My Heart was there with you all. Family and Friends, That is what life is all about. You all Take Care and if you ever make it to Sunny St George then Look Me up. I can show you around.

If you look on the Map in a 150 mile Radius of St George there is: Zions National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Grand Canyon North rim, Grand Canyon Toroweep, Lake Powell Wahweep, Coral Pink Sand Dunes, Sand Hollow Hurricane Sand Dunes, Brian Head Ski Resort, Pine Mountain, Mesquite Nevada, Las Vegas Nevada and some of the BEST OFF ROADING in any direction I have ever seen just to name a few.

I'm home and I'm Safe, Hope to make the 40th!!!

Regards,
Steven Brandt

P.S. Please Forward this to any and all Friends and Classmates.

No comments: